The preparation you put into getting your property ready for sale can be the difference between getting a standard price and a great price. The best part is, it's not hard, time consuming or expensive. Whatever your motive for selling, the process can either be stress free or tense and disappointing. The good news is that you have the ability to choose. There are four factors that will influence the outcome of any sale.
Method of Sale
When it comes to selling your property, there are three popular methods to choose from:
* Private Treaty (Sale)
* Public Auction
* Public Tender, Expression of interest
Each has its own advantages and it is advisable to speak to your agent about the benefits of each method.
Sale Preparation Checklist
1. Get the property detailed thoroughly.
2. A few hundred dollars spent sprucing up the property will increase the saleability and more than likely increase the sale price.
3. A property stylist can improve the appeal of your property by enhancing its appearance. This helps in obtaining a higher sale price.
4. Obtain a building and pest inspection report. - This allows you to have necessary repair work done prior to sale. A 100% clear report can be used as a selling feature for buyers.
5. The Contract for Sale should be prepared by your solicitor or conveyancer with all the essential terms and conditions.
6. If there is a current lease, check the expiry date and termination require
7. Make a note of all the inclusions. That is, everything that will be included in the purchase price and remaining at the property after completion. Standard items include light fittings, floor coverings, curtains and blinds. These can also be excluded if you prefer but it should be noted in the contract for sale.
Home Presentation When Selling Your Home
First impressions are very important both inside and outside when selling your home. Attractive presentation and atmosphere during inspections will tip the scales in your favour and create increased competition for your property resulting in a higher selling price.
Morrison Kleeman have an established relationship with home stylist consultants, 'Charming Changes Home Presentations' who are highly experienced and proven performers in their field.
Charming Changes Home Presentations consultants can advise you:
* With some fresh ideas along with a few special touches.
* Work with your existing decorations and furnishings.
* Room layout.
* Home and garden maintenance.
* We will review your garden and each room in your home, to advise its maximum presentation.
The option of hiring furnishings with matching accessories.